The Commit2Respond is an effort of a coalition of Unitarian Universalists and other people of faith and conscience working for climate justice. Commit2Respond was launched at the People’s Climate March in New York City in September 2014.
The first major events are:
- Climate Justice Month from World Water Day through Earth Day, March 22 – April 22, 2015.
- The Grounded & Resilient Organizers’ Workshop (GROW) climate justice training this Summer.
Commit2Respond’s grounding in climate justice means we recognize the central role inequality plays in the current crisis. We envision a future where the most vulnerable are protected from these heart-breaking consequences.
As individuals, congregations, and organizations, we will commit to take action in each of three ways:
- shift to a low carbon future
- advance the human rights of affected communities
- grow the climate justice movement
Find out more about Commit2Respond, and connect on Facebook and Twitter.
Join the movement at commit2respond.org and sign up for Climate Justice Month!