Among the 310,000 participating in the People’s Climate March on September 21, 2014 was a huge faith contingent including thousands of Unitarian Universalists. Together with people of all faith traditions — Christians, Quakers, Humanists, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Pagans, my fellow Unitarian Universalists, and others — marched to bring attention to global warming as a moral issue and to issue a call for climate justice.
Below is a collection of media from the march including photos of Unitarian Universalists, videos and other coverage.
Find yourself in the March!
The following video has footage of the People’s Climate March Faith Contingent. Can you find yourself in the crowd?
Peter Bowden’s Photos, available for use with photo credit
See all 250+ of Peter Bowden’s Photos
- Peter Bowden’s Public Facebook Album of UUs at Peoples Climate March
- Peter Bowden’s Flickr photos of UUs at Peoples Climate March
UU World Magazine
- At least 1,500 Unitarian Universalists join People’s Climate March
- UU World Flickr photo gallery / compilation of UUs at People’s Climate March
At the People’s Climate March the new UU #commit2respond climate justice campaign kicked off. This campaign, which will be in full swing in 2015, is a joint initiative of the following organizations:
- Unitarian Universalist Association
- UUSC: Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
- Unitarian Universalist Ministry for Earth
- Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association
- Unitarian Universalist College of Social Justice
You can sign up for updates and share your ideas at Commit2respond.org.
Connect on Facebook
Connect with other UUs working on climate action and justice (or wanting to)! Join the UU Climate Action Network Faceook Group, space for us to networking, share resources and organizing. https://www.facebook.com/groups/uucan